Business Development Associate/Vice President, Chardan Principal Investments
March 22, 2023
Remote or Hybrid (Greenwich, CT or New York, NY)
Title: Business Development Associate/Vice President, Chardan Principal Investments
Job location: Remote or Hybrid (Greenwich, CT or New York, NY)
About the Company:
Chardan is an independent, full-service investment bank offering traditional capital raising and strategic advisory services as well as a specialization in SPACs, with sector expertise spanning across healthcare and disruptive technology. Over its 20-year history, Chardan has held a role in over 120 SPAC initial public offerings, totaling $15+ billion in gross proceeds. Since 2018, Chardan has been an M&A advisor to 50+ SPACs, helping them close transactions valued at over an aggregate $23 billion. Additionally, Chardan’s principals have founded or co-founded 15 SPACs, 13 of which have closed or announced business combinations with 2 searching for targets.
The Business Development Associate will play a key role in origination and will support Chardan’s Principal Investments group in developing and strengthening client relationships:
- Work directly with Chardan senior principals to create sector-specific business development strategies
- Initiate client outreach and closely track and monitor follow-ups
- Increase awareness of Chardan’s Principal Investment’s offerings
- Coordinate all client meetings and conference calls
- Facilitate requests for information/due diligence
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the group’s deal teams where needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably from a top university with a strong academic track record in Economics, Finance, or Business
- 5+ Years of experience in private equity, investment banking, or related role
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 79, and Series 63 licenses required within 90 days of start
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels across the organization
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to meet strict and competing deadlines
- Well organized with excellent attention to detail and the quality of work product
- Strong work ethic and self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Intellectual curiosity with an eagerness to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Pitchbook, Cap IQ, and FactSet
To apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
We've received your information, and we're processing your request.
Get In Touch
17 State Street
New York, NY 10004
One East Putnam Ave, 4th Fl. Greenwich, CT 06830