Equity Research Associate
June 22, 2022
New York City, NY
Title: Biotechnology Equity Research Associate (MD or PhD preferred)
About the Company:
Chardan is an independent global investment bank specializing in healthcare, technology, SPACs and emerging growth companies. Our range of services include capital raising, merger and acquisition advisory, strategic advisory, equity research, corporate access, and institutional trading. Headquartered in New York City, Chardan is a registered broker-dealer with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and is a member of the following: FINRA, SIPC, NASDAQ and the NYSE Arca, Inc.
About Our Team:
Chardan’s Healthcare Research team has established a reputation for its high science approach to equity research. We are collaborative, team focused, supportive, highly productive, and fixated on the exciting mission of identifying truly disruptive technologies. We offer a position on a growing team that rewards for performance and emphasizes career advancement. If you are a likeminded individual who would like to contribute to this culture, come join us.
About the Role:
Chardan is seeking a VP/ Sr Associate with scientific background to join its biotech equity research team located in New York.
Ideal candidate is a self-motivated, self-disciplined, natural high achiever. You are passionate about your work, contributing to an environment that supports one other, cheers each other’s’ successes, and contributes to the positive results of the unit and firm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain detailed therapeutic models and company financial models
- Perform valuation analysis of covered companies
- Conduct medical or scientific diligence in cutting-edge areas of the healthcare space
- Assist in conducting primary research with key opinion leaders
- Assist in generating actionable research ideas for investors
- Participate in company management calls and conferences
- Field inbound requests from clients
- Assist with special projects, analyses, presentations, and/or reports as assigned
- Keep abreast of industry and company news in disruptive biotechnology areas of focus
- 1-4 years of equity research experience
- Outstanding verbal/written communicator
- Background in finance and accounting
- Strong modeling skills
- Notable academic performance in a life science field (MD or PhD from a top university preferred)
- Ability to think critically in analyzing scientific evidence to author in-depth evidence-based reports
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to meet strict and competing deadlines
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Completed and current regulatory licenses (e.g. Series 7, SIE, 63, 86, 87)
Chardan (“Where disruption banks”) is a boutique, global, full-service investment bank. By focusing on disruptive technologies that can generate real value for society, Chardan has become a leader in genetic medicines, cell therapy, microbiome medicines, and other advanced therapeutics spaces. In a recent stock picking survey, our analysts ranked among the best in the industry and included the #1 female analyst on Wall Street (Tipranks).
To apply: Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
We've received your information, and we're processing your request.
Get In Touch.
17 State Street
New York, NY 10004
One East Putnam Ave, 4th Fl. Greenwich, CT 06830