Associate, Biotechnology Equity Research (MD or PhD preferred)January 29, 2021 |
Title Biotechnology Equity Research Associates (MD or PhD preferred)
Chardan is seeking Associates with scientific backgrounds to join its biotech equity research team. The position is a learning role, where the Research Team is committed to teaching/mentoring for a range of skills and licenses necessary to excel in the healthcare finance field. Prior Chardan Research Associates and other junior hires have graduated to impressive full-time senior roles at Chardan, and elsewhere in the investment banking, VC/private equity, and consulting fields.
Chardan (“Where disruption banks”) is a boutique, global, full-service investment bank. By focusing on disruptive technologies that can generate real value for society, Chardan has become a leader in genetic medicines, cell therapy, microbiome medicines, and other advanced therapeutics spaces. Chardan’s Head of Healthcare Research was previously the top ranked European Pharma analyst (Institutional Investor) and the Global Head of Therapeutics Research at a bulge-bracket bank, and finished 2019 as the #2 analyst out of >6,000 Wall Street analysts (TipRanks) for stock picking.
- Help conduct medical or scientific diligence in cutting-edge areas of the healthcare space; with sufficient progress, associates may assist in conducting primary research with key opinion leaders
- Provide background scientific summaries of therapeutic areas in a generalist-friendly and rigorous fashion, thus helping the Research Analyst generate actionable research ideas for investors
- Assist with special projects, analyses, presentations, and/or reports as assigned
- Keep abreast of industry and company news in disruptive biotechnology areas of focus
- Begin to learn to build and maintain detailed therapeutic models and company financial models
- Complete regulatory licenses (e.g. Series 7, SIE, 63, 86, 87) and training (e.g. CFA Level I)
- Outstanding academic performance in a life science field (MD or PhD from a top university preferred)
- Outstanding verbal/written communicator; highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to think critically in analyzing scientific evidence to author in-depth evidence-based reports
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to meet strict and competing deadlines
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
To apply - Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
We've received your information, and we're processing your request.