Job Opening: Vice President, Investment Banking - Principal InvestmentsJanuary 13, 2021 |
Title: Vice President, Principal Investments Group
Job Location: Greenwich, CT
About the Company:
Chardan is an independent, full-service investment bank focused on addressing the capital markets needs of public and private disruptive technology and healthcare companies. Additionally, Chardan has a leading SPAC practice with a 16-year history and more than 80 closed SPAC transactions. Chardan was founded in 2002 and has offices in New York City and Greenwich, CT.
Chardan’s principal investments group focuses on Chardan’s self-sponsored or co-sponsored SPAC transactions. To date, we have executed over  self-sponsored or co-sponsored SPAC transactions.
Our Vice Presidents play an integral role in evolving and enhancing our principal activities, client relationships and are active participants throughout the life of a transaction and beyond. Our Vice Presidents benefit tremendously from the experience and partnership they have with our Partners and Managing Directors. This is an opportunity to help lead principal investments, be a client coverage banker, and deal originator. Your primary focus will be to work with a team of professionals that self-sponsors Chardan’s SPACs and/or invests, as a co-sponsor, in our clients SPAC transactions. You will work on several projects simultaneously with teams of professionals, both within the group and across the firm, including Managing Directors and Directors collaborating to develop and execute solutions to meet client needs.
- Support deal team Managers as a key point of contact in the execution of self-sponsored and co-sponsored SPACs, financings and M&A transactions alongside senior members of the firm
- Drive origination, evaluation, and deal execution on both capital markets financings and M&A
- Work closely with senior and junior bankers on all aspects of transactions and business development work
- Oversee the drafting of internal and client-facing documents including prospectuses, management presentations, investor presentations, fairness opinions, and pitchbooks
- Prepare and contribute to delivery of client presentations
- Manage interactions with clients, lawyers, and other deal term members
- Complete due diligence on transactions and new and existing client relationships
- Research and diligence potential acquisition targets for Chardan’s self-sponsored and co-sponsored SPACs
- Assist in the underwriting and strategic advisory services offered to Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPAC’s)
- Review direct equity investments, M&A transactions, and capital markets transactions
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional departments in support of the diligence and investigation of prospective opportunities
- Manage deal log and perform deal monitoring analysis
- Manage and oversee the work of the junior team and actively develop, train, and mentor Analysts and Associates
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA, preferably from a top university with a strong academic track record
- 6+ years of Investment Banking or Private Equity experience required (M&A, ECM, and/or SPAC experience preferred)
- Distinctive financial modeling and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong process management skills: Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously in order to meet strict and competing deadlines
- Superb attention to detail and the quality of work product
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop rapport with existing and potential clients and communicate effectively with all levels across the organization
- Resourceful self-starter with strong work ethic, highly motivated and able to work autonomously and as a team player in a fast paces environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Pitchbook, Cap IQ, Factset, and Sourcescrub
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
- SIE, Series 7, 24, 79, and 63 required.
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
We've received your information, and we're processing your request.