Job Opening: Associate, Investment Banking - Principal InvestmentsJanuary 13, 2021 |
Title: Associate, Principal Investments Group
Job Location: Greenwich, CT
About the Company:
Chardan is an independent, full-service investment bank focused on addressing the capital markets needs of public and private disruptive technology and healthcare companies. Additionally, Chardan has a leading SPAC practice with a 16-year history and more than 80 closed SPAC transactions. Chardan was founded in 2002 and has offices in New York City and Greenwich, CT.
Chardan’s principal investments group focuses on Chardan’s self-sponsored or co-sponsored SPAC transactions. To date, we have executed over  self-sponsored or co-sponsored SPAC transactions.
Our Associate position offers a unique opportunity for ambitious professionals seeking to contribute to Chardan’s continued growth, while gaining significant experience in transactions. The Associate is responsible for executing transactions, and typically functions as a backup for relationships with important clients. Your primary focus will be to work with a team of professionals that makes equity investments and co-sponsors our clients SPAC transactions. You will work on several projects simultaneously with teams of professionals, both within the group and across the firm, including Managing Directors, Directors, and Vice Presidents, collaborating to develop and execute solutions to meet client needs.
- Research and Analyze financial and operating information relating to companies and industries
- Perform comparable company analysis, complex financial modeling (including merger modeling) and run valuation analysis as part of client/industry evaluations
- Compile due diligence on new and existing client relationships
- Research and diligence potential acquisition targets for Chardan’s co-sponsored SPACs
- Conduct in-depth industry analysis and provide analytical findings to senior bankers
- Develop written pitch and marketing materials for client meetings
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the firm’s deal teams in successful development, presentation, and winning mandates
- Support deal teams in the execution of both financings and M&A transactions
- Assist in the underwriting and strategic advisory services offered to Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPAC’s)
- Review direct equity investments, M&A transactions, and capital markets transactions
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional departments in support of the diligence and investigation of prospective opportunities
- Manage deal log and perform deal monitoring analysis
- Manage and oversee the work of the junior team and actively develop, train, and mentor new analysts
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably from a top university with a strong academic track record
- Must obtain SIE, 7TO, 79TO and Series 63 within 6 months and prior to client engagement
- Investment Banking Analyst or Private Equity experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels across the organization
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to meet strict and competing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and the quality of work product
- Strong work ethic and self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Distinctive financial modeling and analytical problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Pitchbook, Cap IQ, Factset, and Sourcescrub
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
We've received your information, and we're processing your request.