Job Opening: Vice President, Investment Banking (SPAC Team)October 07, 2020 |
Title: Vice President, Investment Banking (SPAC Team)
About the Company
Chardan is an independent, global investment bank specializing in healthcare, disruptive technologies, and SPACs that deliver remarkable, enduring returns. The Investment Banking division of Chardan is looking for a Director to join our SPAC Banking team.
Investment Banking and SPAC transaction management. Our Vice Presidents and Directors play an integral role in evolving and enhancing our client relationships and are active participants throughout the life of a transaction and beyond. Our Directors benefit tremendously from the experience and partnership they have with our Partners and Managing Directors.
- COO/CFO Work Supporting SPAC Investment Banking Group
- Help clients understand the process of sponsoring or merging with a SPAC
- Manage the creation of a working group for a transaction
- Oversee the day to day execution of tasks necessary to complete a transaction:
Schedule and coordinate meetings, draft documents, oversee drafting of financial statements, collaborate with lawyers and accountants to assemble final documents and file documents with the SEC, respond to SEC comments, assist clients in meeting with investors, interact with investors independent of clients to explain the deal, collaborate with Capital Markets to execute offerings, oversee the closing/pricing of offerings, assist clients with post-closing M&A
- Collaborate with Compliance team to ensure documentation is in order
- Assist senior management in marketing and selling new business
- Train, manage, and develop junior staff
- Draft and develop marketing material
- Draft and develop issuer and transaction supporting documents
Chardan Healthcare Acquisition Corp (CHAC): In addition to general investment banking and SPAC transaction management responsibilities, individuals may have the opportunity to support Chardan-sponsored SPACs.
- Oversee drafting and filing of Chardan’s sponsored SPAC’s registration statements (S-1) and regular reporting forms (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K).
- Ensure Chardan-sponsored SPAC’s make all SEC filing properly and on time
- Coordinate board meetings
- Support full range of SPAC M&A screening, due diligence, and transaction execution and closing
- Work with the team to draft merger & proxy documents
Skills & Experience Required
- 5-10 years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree or MBA in Finance or closely related major
- FINRA SIE and Series 7, 63, and 79 licensed or must be obtained prior to engaging with clients
- Current or prior investment banking, private equity, in-house M&A or valuation advisory experience is required, preferably with some exposure to SPAC transactions and/or the Biopharma sector.
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a team player interfacing with top company executives and senior management
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Core modeling and valuation experience
- Experience and with industry standard databases and analysis tools including Bloomberg, CapIQ, FactSet, Pitchbook, and others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective process management abilities
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
We've received your information, and we're processing your request.